Friday, July 29, 2011

Detox foot patch - foot detoxification

I have always been a fan of foot reflexology since 1992. When I feel tired, burned out and sick, I immediately go to Patria de Cebu for a good foot reflexology. Not only foot reflexology but detox in general, that is why I was able to find Ananda Marga Wellness Center in Mandaue City way back 2008. (I have a separate blog about Ananda Marga)

One time, I went to SM City Cebu's Watson's scouting for just anything I can find on the racks. There, in one of the stalls near the entrance, I saw the picture of a foot with a patch. I immediately grab one and read what it was all about. Then, a sales person approached me and what do you expect? sales talk. I did not mind her sales blah blah blah because prior to finding this product, I have already saw and read review and comments about foot patches on the internet.

I grabbed one box which in 2007 - 2008 before I left for Saudi costs 550.00 pesos per box with 8 pieces of patches inside. Since then, if I feel so tired, sick and worse, insomia attacks, I buy a pack, patch it on the soles my feet before I sleep at night. I can really feel immediate results when I wake up the next morning. Feeling refreshed from a good night sleep, fatigue and some pain were gone and I feel so light and was ready for the day.

When my daughter and I went to Hong Kong, what I immediately try to find in Watson store was the foot patch. I found out that it was also sold at Sasa and Bonjour beauty stores and other chinese stores. I bought the biggest box which was on sale at 50% ff the original price in Sasa with 60 pieces of patches and plasters divided into 20 pieces per pack each. I gave one pack to Mama, one pack for me and Krystal which we used the patches while in Hong Kong and I brought one pack back to Saudi.
Ingredients:
Mandarin Wood Vinegar Powder, Tourmaline (nano-factor), Green Tea, Mandarin Oil

Usage
1. Place patch containing powder with printed side facing the sticky surface of the enclosed plaster sheet.

2. Stretch plaster when applying to skin to ensure good adhesion.
Upon putting the patch on, I can feel some heat on the soles of my feet.

3. Apply patch to the soles of the feet before sleep.

4. Keep patch on for 8-10 hours and remove patches in the morning.
After 8 - 10 hours of patch on the soles of my  feet, it has turned dark like almost black and was oily. 
This is how it looks like when I took the patch off my feet. It has turned into black and smells like bark of a tree of something. From some sites I read, studies showed that foot patches actually absorbs toxins from the body like heavy metals, arsenic, alumimum, mercury, lead, uric acid, etc.
                                                       
5. Clean the skin where patch was applied.

For first time users

Wear on both feet for 7 consecutive nights.
For health maintenance and detox program use every week, 2 to 3 nights a week.
For aches, joint discomfort, sleeplessness and special needs
   a. Cover the sole of each foot with up to three patches.
   b. Use every night until discomfort eases (safe for long term use) then switch to health maintenance         program.
  c. For daytime use, apply patches on palms of hands and directly onto areas of discomfort until
condition improves.

I was curious about this patch drawing toxins out of our body and why it should be placed on the soles of the feet and not on the knees or tummy. So, I did my own experiment, I placed two patches on my tummy and slept. The next morning, I found the patches as it was the last time I put it on, no color change nor oily thing on it.

Explanation:  reflex points in the feet reflect the organs in the entire body, stimulating these foot reflexology points is thought to promote equilibrium in the corresponding area of the body. Detox foot pads contain tourmaline a crystal that is known to release far infrared heat and negative ions that is thought to stimulate reflexology points within the feet. Toxins are believed to accumulate in the feet as they pass through the bloodstream due to gravity, some residues and toxins are believed to be left in the foot.


For me, this is a natural way of assisting the detoxification process of our body from harmful wastes we accumulate everyday from the food we eat, the harsh environment and other factors. Still, we should not rely on this solely but, do our exercise (oh-oh I really need to do this), proper diet and healthy lifestyle. (I should remind myself of these and stick a note on my forehead so that I will not forget. ;-))

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor nor an expert of alternative medicine. Nothing contained on this site is meant to infer that the products are for treatment of any disease or ailment. This is just my own opinion based on my experience.

Sources:
Kenico.com - research
Flexi-patch






































No comments: