Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cable car ride - Hong Kong Ocean Park part 2

June 20, 2011 - Despite the unpredictable weather due to a typhoon, Krystal and I were having fun at Ocean Park Hong Kong. We arrived late thus, we were not able to roam around and see all the attractions. Also, it was raining when we arrived at the theme park, then later on it was scorching hot. I felt my face cream was melting on my face. Good thing I slathered my face and exposed skin with sunblock with spf 55 before frying myself out in the open.

We were queuing for the cable car for almost an hour. wow! and it was hot as - oven. There were electric fans along the area, at least it helped a bit ease the heat.

Hopping onto the cable car. First time to ride a cable car for both of us.
Was excited and nervous as well as I am afraid of height. But what can I do? I am with my daughter. I have to be brave infront of her. I have to show her that I am not afraid eventhough my spirit almost got off my mortal body and went somewhere else.
I am afraid of heights. But I always tell myself when I am in this situation and nowhere else to go but face the challenge is, I can do this. I have to face my fears.
The cable car next to us carried a young couple. Thing is when the cable car was already rolling and climbing up the hill, you can hear a loud, very loud cry of a woman as if she was on the verge of death. She was screaming at the top of her lungs.
In the middle of the ride, the cable car stopped. My heart skips a beat. OMG as in Oh My Gulay, what happened? Krystal was busy capturing the spectacular view with her video camera when the ride suddenly stopped and uttered in fear, Oh my, Mama, there's brown out! I told her to keep still and not panic. Krystal kept her composure and was just trying to feel what will happen next, unlike the loud screaming from the next cable car. What was running at the back of my mind at that time when look down was, Oh-oh I don't know how to swim! Yes, I don't know how to swim! (so what? huhuhu)
I looked down again and saw the height. How in the heavens the Ocean park staff will rescue us if and when this damn cable car will not start rolling? My mind was running wild already of possible rescue operation. Waaaa!!!
 
Before we left the guest house where we stayed, the caretaker told us that maybe cable car was out of service as it was having technical problems the past few days.

I guess the cable car stopped for about a minute or so before it started rolling again. Then, followed by two more less than a minute stops.
Wasn't it a great, adventure ride? ;-)
We were able to get to the next mountain where another heart stopping ride was waiting for us - The Flash.
Instead of taking the train, we rode the cable car. Queued for an hour before finally hopping onto the cable car again back to the main theme park.

No comments: